Below are just a few of the bloody mary recipes we've run across. If you have a recipe you'd like to add to the list,
submit it to email@example.com.
The Classic Bloody Mary
- 1 quart tomato juice
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
- lime slices
- celery stalks (optional)
The Deadly Mary
- A Classic Bloody Mary with a splash of gold tequila added.
The Bloody Maria
- A Classic Bloody Mary with vodka substituted with tequila.
The Red Snapper
- A Classic Bloody Mary with vodka substituted with gin.
The Virgin Mary
- An alcohol-free Bloody Mary
Aquavit Bloody Mary
- 1 cup aquavit
- 4 cups tomato vegetable juice
- 2 tablespoons bottled horseradish
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 small celery ribs and lemon slices for garnish
Sangrita Bloody Mary
- 2 cans tomato juice, each 1 quart 14 ounces (about 12 cups total), chilled
- 2 2/3 cups fresh orange juice (from about 8 oranges)
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons red or green Tabasco
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups aquavit such as Aalborg or Linie if desired
- Garnish: celery stalks
The "I've had a Bloody Bad Day"
submitted by Erin Capener
- 2 ounces vodka
- V8 Spicy Tomato Juice to fill
- 1/2 teaspoon Horseradish
- 2 shakes Garlic Salt
- 2 shakes Onion Powder
- 1/4 diced jalapeno
- A dash of Worcester Sauce
- A picked asparagus spear to garnish
Bloody Mary (Duane's recipe)
submitted by Duane & Judy Shortreed
- 16oz. glass - Fill with ice
- 3 dashes of Celery salt
- 2 dash of Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. of Horseradish (Bucky Badger)
- 1 1/2 oz. of Finest Call (Loaded Bloody Mary mix)
- 2 dashes of A1 Steak sauce (Bold & Spicy)
- 4 dashes of Worcestershire sauce (Lea & Perrins)
- 2 oz. of Vodka (Fleischmann's)
- Top off with Tomato juice (Campbell's 100%)
- Garnish: Your choice
- Tabasco on the side
- Chaser (Miller Lite)
- Serve with cheese, sausage, crackers, and good friends.
Kimchi Bloody Mary
submitted by Matt Fuchs
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1/2 cup kimchi blended in food processor
- 1/4 cup Marukome Miso & Easy tomato ginger (buy at any Asian supermarket)
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 2 T clamato juice
- 1 T Tobasco sauce
- 1 t lemon juice
- 5 drops of red food coloring
Prep: Mix ingredients and divide into two 8 ounce cups. For garnish, insert baby bok choy into the drink.
Further garnish by spearing slices of lotus root and vinegar pickled radish on a toothpick.
submitted by Jim Stavros
- Slice 5 large jalapenos and add to a bottle of any vodka. Marinate
unrefrigerated at least 4 hours ...overnight preferred
- 2 1/2 ounces marinated vodka.
- Top off with Ditka's Thick and Spicy Mix.
- Refrigerate remaining vodka.
The Buddha Bloody
submitted by Buddha
- 2 parts Beefeater (or gin)
- Three squirts of Sriracha
- Dash of pickle juice
- Three shakes Johnny Velvet seasoning
- A dab of horseradish (fresh)
- 3-4 shakes Worcestershire
- Top off with equal parts tomato & Clamato juice
Serve with a garlicky beef stick, kosher pickle, lime wedge and whatever other garnish you like.
Chaser is, of course... a can of Pabst Blue Ribbon.
The 'Best I've had in a while' Bloody
submitted by Lucas Ferber
- Half slice of lime
- Half slice of lemon
- 5 shakes of Worcestershire
- 2 dashes of celery salt
- 2 tablespoons of pickle juice
- Shot of vodka
- Cup of loaded bloody mix
- Hot sauce to taste
Muddle together Worcestershire, lime and lemon in the bottom of the glass. Add celery salt and pickle juice. Add Ice to top.
Top with vodka and bloody mix.
Add hot sauce if needed.
Toss in another glass to shake.
Garnish as you wish.