Below are just a few of the bloody mary recipes we've run across. If you have a recipe you'd like to add to the list,
submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Classic Bloody Mary
- 1 quart tomato juice
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
- lime slices
- celery stalks (optional)
The Deadly Mary
- A Classic Bloody Mary with a splash of gold tequila added.
The Bloody Maria
- A Classic Bloody Mary with vodka substituted with tequila.
The Red Snapper
- A Classic Bloody Mary with vodka substituted with gin.
The Virgin Mary
- An alcohol-free Bloody Mary
Aquavit Bloody Mary
- 1 cup aquavit
- 4 cups tomato vegetable juice
- 2 tablespoons bottled horseradish
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 small celery ribs and lemon slices for garnish
Sangrita Bloody Mary
- 2 cans tomato juice, each 1 quart 14 ounces (about 12 cups total), chilled
- 2 2/3 cups fresh orange juice (from about 8 oranges)
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons red or green Tabasco
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups aquavit such as Aalborg or Linie if desired
- Garnish: celery stalks
The "I've had a Bloody Bad Day"
submitted by Erin Capener
- 2 ounces vodka
- V8 Spicy Tomato Juice to fill
- 1/2 teaspoon Horseradish
- 2 shakes Garlic Salt
- 2 shakes Onion Powder
- 1/4 diced jalapeno
- A dash of Worcester Sauce
- A picked asparagus spear to garnish
Bloody Mary (Duane's recipe)
submitted by Duane & Judy Shortreed
- 16oz. glass - Fill with ice
- 3 dashes of Celery salt
- 2 dash of Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. of Horseradish (Bucky Badger)
- 1 1/2 oz. of Finest Call (Loaded Bloody Mary mix)
- 2 dashes of A1 Steak sauce (Bold & Spicy)
- 4 dashes of Worcestershire sauce (Lea & Perrins)
- 2 oz. of Vodka (Fleischmann's)
- Top off with Tomato juice (Campbell's 100%)
- Garnish: Your choice
- Tabasco on the side
- Chaser (Miller Lite)
- Serve with cheese, sausage, crackers, and good friends.
Kimchi Bloody Mary
submitted by Matt Fuchs
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1/2 cup kimchi blended in food processor
- 1/4 cup Marukome Miso & Easy tomato ginger (buy at any Asian supermarket)
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 2 T clamato juice
- 1 T Tobasco sauce
- 1 t lemon juice
- 5 drops of red food coloring
Prep: Mix ingredients and divide into two 8 ounce cups. For garnish, insert baby bok choy into the drink.
Further garnish by spearing slices of lotus root and vinegar pickled radish on a toothpick.
submitted by Jim Stavros
- Slice 5 large jalapenos and add to a bottle of any vodka. Marinate
unrefrigerated at least 4 hours ...overnight preferred
- 2 1/2 ounces marinated vodka.
- Top off with Ditka's Thick and Spicy Mix.
- Refrigerate remaining vodka.
The Buddha Bloody
submitted by Buddha
- 2 parts Beefeater (or gin)
- Three squirts of Sriracha
- Dash of pickle juice
- Three shakes Johnny Velvet seasoning
- A dab of horseradish (fresh)
- 3-4 shakes Worcestershire
- Top off with equal parts tomato & Clamato juice
Serve with a garlicky beef stick, kosher pickle, lime wedge and whatever other garnish you like.
Chaser is, of course... a can of Pabst Blue Ribbon.